The What to Expect Foundation has one mission:
To educate and empower moms in need so they can expect healthier pregnancies, safer deliveries and healthier, happier babies.
But our passions are many…
- We believe that every mother wants—and deserves—the best for her baby; some moms just need a little more help than others to make that happen.
- We know that millions of moms can’t read or access vital pregnancy information that could make a difference in their babies’ futures; and that if you support the parent, you support the child.
- We understand that some moms need different kinds of advice; and that by bringing communities together, we can help women get the support they need to become confident, informed mothers.
- We are committed to serving the underserved; and to meeting them on their terms, “where they are,” by providing books and programs that are both informational and engaging.
- We promise to continually support moms (and dads) in need, to always remember that we’re doing it for the children, too, and to never forget those times when we all needed a little help, if only just a hug.
- We are moms helping moms.
Established in 1997, The What to Expect Foundation is a 501(c)3 public operating charity that employs the latest evidence-based strategies in the fields of health, education, literacy and communication to teach healthcare providers how to recognize if their patients do not understand health messages, and to give them tools and training to overcome those obstacles. Our signature program, Baby Basics, helps all types of organizations—from state health departments to grassroots community workers, and everyone in between—to get moms in need the health information and support they desperately need during this most teachable and pivotal time in a woman’s life, her pregnancy.